Wednesday 31 May 2017

Find fractions, decimals, and percentages of amounts expressed as whole numbers, simple fractions, and decimals.

Extended Abstract  Assessment task: Surfs Up
WALT: Find fractions, decimals, and percentages of amounts expressed as whole numbers, simple fractions, and decimals.
Assessment Task:
Two surf shops in the same part of town sell similar products, but their precise vary. At sale time, both shops are competing for the same customers


Use the Image above to answer the questions in the table


Item
Which shop is the item cheaper?
How much cheaper is the item (when it is on sale) than the other shop?
Show your working out here:
Sweatshirt
The surf shop
2 dollars cheaper
60x0.3 = 18 so then I - 60 by 18 and my answer was 42 so I then did the same with the other question
Jacket
Surf the wave company
6 dollars cheaper
120x0.3 = 36 so then I - 120 by 36 and my answer was 84 so I then did the same with the other question
Jeans
The surf shop
4 dollars cheaper
48x0.3 = 14 so then I - 48 by 14  and my answer was 34 so I then did the same with the other question
Tracksuit
Surf the wave company
13 dollars cheaper
86x0.3 = 25 so then I - 86 by 25 and my answer was 61 so I then did the same with the other question


Here are the screenshots to my IXL activities:


Screenshot (20).png
Screenshot (21).png
Screenshot (22).png
Screenshot (23).png
Screenshot (24).png
Screenshot (25).png

My next step is: Being able to do more challenging questions about decimals,fractions and percentages, without some help.

No comments:

Post a Comment