Current Events Term 1
In Current Events I covered these topics:
- The design of the Halswell Skate Park and I made a submission to the council.
- Donald Trump’s Refugee Plan
- Christchurch Earth Memorial
- The new Ngā Puna Wai Sports Facility
- The Red Zone and Avon River Regeneration Plan with a submission to the council.
My favorite topic was The Red Zone and Avon River Regeneration Plan with a submission to the council because I found it very interesting, the submission was a very good part to add because instead of just making us have to do a describe ++ map Mr Ladbrook also help us contribute to the community.
Here is a link to my learning on the Red Zone and Avon River Regeneration Plan.
The Reading National Standards I have achieved are
- Year 7 and 8
- Identifying and resolving issues that come from competing information in texts
gathering, evaluating, and synthesising information across a small range of texts
- I can use appropriate skills and technologies to find and use a range of texts for specific purposes.